British tourists in Cuba are treated on IV drips after 'food poisoning' bug at ANOTHER Thomas Cook resort - just weeks after UK couple died at Egyptian hotel

Guests at another Thomas Cook hotel have been put on IV drips after being hit by suspected food poisoning, just days after a couple died from the disease at another of the package holiday company's resorts.

British tourists at the Playa Pesquero hotel restaurant in Cuba have complained of falling severely ill with diarrhoea and sickness after eating at the restaurant.

The luxury hotel in Cuba has been the site of a number of previous mass sickness outbreak in 2012, as Thomas Cook was forced to pay out £150,000 in compensation to 20 victims. There was another outbreak in 2014.

The latest outbreak in Cuba has been ongoing for the past three week, and hotel staff have allegedly been trying to bribe guests with the offer of paying their medical bills in return for them signing a disclaimer to stop them claiming compensation.

Customers online have moaned about raw or undercooked food along with dirty utensils but a past report scored the hotel for nearly 100 per cent for food preparation and serving food.

Daily Mail

Topics: News

The Foundation for Human Rights in Cuba (FHRC) is a 501c3 nongovernmental organization established to empower Cuban Civil Society in its struggle to build a free and democratic Cuba